Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Check Out the Reviews on Campgrounds Before You Go

by , Aug 10, 2008
You may want to check out these three different websites to read some reviews before you head out on your next camping trip.
To me there is no better weekend getaway then packing up the family, our camping gear and heading out into the woods to enjoy nature and everything it has to offer.

To sit around a campfire and watch the orange glow and the smell of pine as the wood crackles underneath a clear star filled sky is the ultimate in relaxation.
Whether you are going on your first camping trip or your 100th the Internet has made it possible to do a lot of research on where you are going before you get there. I have been on many camping trips and have been to dozes on different campgrounds, but although I have my favorites I am always looking for something new.
The feel of being at a different campground is exciting. It is like being en explorer as you head off in the wilderness. Ok maybe I am exaggerating a bit but you get the point.
To find new places what I like to do is check out a few different websites where others have already camped. Previous campers get a chance to rate different campgrounds and write in what they thought was good or bad about the place. It is about as honest of a review system that you are going to get. You will read anything from “the campground was a disaster” to “it was the best campground ever” and everything in between. You'll need to read the reviews and decide for yourself which are reviews that have some value and which are made by disgruntled people who find fault in everything they do in life. You know what I mean.
A couple good sites that I check out are RVParkReviews, CampgroundReport and RVBuddy. I just want you to keep in mind that I have no affiliation to any of these sites whatsoever other than I frequent them from time to time to read some reviews.
Each has their own means of letting others review campgrounds and RV parks from around the country. It has been a while since I camped outside of the Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware area, but if the opportunity of camping in another state ever arises I know I can go to one of these sites, select the state I will be camping in, narrow it down to the exact area I want to go to and read the reviews.
These websites make it nice to read real people's opinion of different campgrounds and what they have to offer. I also recommend that if you have done a lot of camping or are going to do a lot of camping you also should participate in reviewing the places you have been. It is only right that if you are going to use these sites for your gain you should help others out as well.
So I raise my Coleman Thermos Mug, filled with *cough* Coffee *cough*, and wish you and your family a great camping trip. Cheers!

No comments:



Not Camping Just Fun!

Not Camping Just Fun!
Frozen Fountain in our old backyard!